When the wrongful or negligent conduct of someone results in the death of another, it is "wrongful death" For example, where a person dies in an automobile or trucj collision, or as a result of a defective product, the law calls this injury a wrongful death.
Family members or beneficiaries of the decedent may be entitled to compensation under the wrongful death laws. These lawsuits provide a means of obtaining compensation for the loss of support and for the loss of the companionship. Damages that may be recovered include:
- Expense associated with the death, (medical and funeral costs)
- Loss of inheritance
- Lost benefits, such as insurance, from the death
- Loss of companionship, care or protection
- Pain, suffering or mental anguish suffered by the survivor of the decedent
- Punitive damages, intended to punish wrongdoers and prevent them from harming others
If you live in the Southern California area, and you have lost a loved one due to the negligence of another, you may be entitled to be compensated. Call us at (818) 999-2220 or toll-free at (866) 999-2220 or contact us online for a FREE consultation.